Friday, July 31, 2009

Day 21: A birthday dress

I found these fabrics in the clearance section during a sale for an extra 50% off, and I decided to make a beautiful birthday dress for Evie. (Plus the blue is a nice palate cleanser for me after a surfeit of pink.)


I love it when I can make fancy dresses for my girls for less than $10. I ended up only using half of what I thought I would, so this dress probably cost me about $7 or $8 when you figure in the cost of the thread, zipper, and pattern. I stock up on patterns when they are on sale for $0.99, it has saved me hundreds of dollars and I have an extensive library of patterns for everything from baby clothes to costumes. (Oh, that is a good tip. Buy the expensive costume patterns when they are on sale earlier in the year, instead of in October.)


I can't wait to see my two princesses dressed for the ball.

1 comment:

Mary said...

Both of those dresses are super cute! Very sweet and feminine. I may have to commission you some day.