Saturday, November 13, 2010

I tend to go a little overboard sometimes...

Every year our ward does an auction as part of the Holiday Dinner and people donate services (like babysitting or computer help), homemade goodies, and handmade crafts and use the money to do a Sub-for-Santa.  And every year I think, "Oh, I could make this or that..."  and then wait until it's too late to start another project.  

So this year I decided that making a few holiday hair bows would be easily do-able.  (That, and I am trying to live down my attempt at helping last year that can only be described as The Great Turkey Debacle of 2009... a day that will live in infamy forever... at least in my mind.)


So I gathered up all my supplies, set up a workspace and got to creating...


...and before I knew it a couple of hair bows had turned into 29.  

And I don't want to stop!

I am loving making something that can be finished in a few minutes as opposed to the hours and hours that I have spent slogging through a cross-stitched stocking for my son and am still no where near done. The stocking looks great and I know I'll love it when it is finished.  It's just nice to get a little instant gratification now and then to keep me motivated to keep crafting!

4 comments:

Mary said...

I particularly like the little blue snowflake clippies. :)

Amanda said...

I'm so glad you overdid it on the hair bows! I snatched the cute blue snowflake ones for Grace! I love that other people are crafty!

Troy and Lisa said...

I would love to learn how to do this! I just bought some Christmas ribbons yesterday to inspire myself to learn how.

Chrissy said...

Lisa- they are so easy. It's also a fun group craft, if you want to come up sometime with Dinee I'd be happy to show you how. :)