Tuesday, March 30, 2010

February and March's Socks

Even though it's taken me until the second to last day in March to post them, I really did finish a pair of socks in February for my personal crafting challenge. Two pairs of socks actually....


The green one are another 2 ft. pair for Brian. (I call them 2 ft. socks because they measure at 24" of knitting from cuff to toe... and that is a lot of stockinette.) The little watermelon ones are Lila's, and they are a simple 2x2 ribbing down to the toe.

These are Brian's 3rd pair of sock I have knitted for him and he has proven himself eminently knit-worthy. (To be knit worthy you have to value the time and effort I put into making the whatever it is, you have to actually wear/use it, you have to care for it appropriately, and you tell me that you can't wait until I knit you some more!) The "eminently" in Brian's knit-worthiness came when he said he would love another pair of socks and I told him I wasn't sure if I had another manly colorway to knit for him. His response was, "I don't care if they are girly or not, they are the most comfortable socks I've ever worn!" Talk about the way to a knitter's heart! About the only thing that could top that would be to drive them to a yarn store, hand them a credit card and say, "Go crazy!"


Evie has out grown the socks I knit for her and wants to know when she gets another pair. I've promised her the next socks on my needles will be for her. In the mean time she contented herself with trying on Brian's...


...which Lila found quite distressing for some reason. The whole time I was trying to snap a picture of Evie wearing her daddy's socks like thigh-highs, Lila was trying desperately to pull them off her. I thought maybe Lila wanted a turn wearing them, but once she succeeded in getting them off her sister's feet she toddled off to play with something else.


And here are March's socks. So far I have one sock and one inch, and yes I am aware that I have about 36 hours to be done. The pattern is the Mock Croc and the yarn is Berroco Sox, which is a 75% wool/25% nylon blend that I am liking the feel of. One of my knitting buddies, Natalie, moved last week back east. Before she left, she, I, and our other friend (and knitting guru) Jeanette decided we would make matching socks. Because that is how knitting geeks roll....

2 comments:

Emilie said...

Awww matching socks. A true sign of friendship.

Natalie said...

Your socks look great. Mine, not so much. Here's hoping I can get back to them soon! Miss ya!