Tuesday, May 25, 2010

New Church Dresses

A few weeks ago, while getting ready for church, I realized that both my girls have recently gone through major growth spurts.  You know it is a problem when there are over 20 dresses hanging in their closet and the only ones that fit are for the wrong season...

No problem-  time to whip up a few summer dresses.  

The first one completed is for Lila:


This dress cost me $5.  The gingham is a cotton/linen blend that I got on sale for $4 and then when I got home I found a remnant that I had bought a few months earlier for $1 that was the perfect shade of matching purple!  It was meant to be.



I already had the pattern and the buttons, which I bought on sale for a quarter.  Okay, it cost me $5.25.  Still not too bad...

3 comments:

Dinee said...

Absolutely adorable. I can't wait for Lila to outgrow it and Addie to grow into it. By the way, Addie looks so stinkin cute in those dresses you lent us.

Natalie said...

Gorgeous! Your girls are so lucky!

Unknown said...

SOOOO Cute!!!!