Sunday, October 25, 2009

My new ribbon rack!

I am really lucky to have my Dad. He is able to build just about anything I can dream up. It isn't unusual that I start a conversation with him with, "I was thinking..." or "I was wondering..." or "Do you think it would be possible..." A month or so ago I went to him with the idea for this ribbon rack.


As you can see I have a LOT of ribbon. Mostly collected over the past couple of years as I got into making hair bows for my girls. My cousin came down one day to make them with me and she had all her ribbon on a cafe rod that she hung in the window of her craft room. I loved the idea, but the only window in my craft room is too small and high to make that a workable solution for me. So then I thought about my mom's wrapping center and thought that would be perfect scaled down for my ribbons!

I love it, it is exactly what I was envisioning. Now I can see exactly which shade of pink will match the best, or whether zebra or cheetah print will work better. Before it was all jumbled together in a laundry basket and it was a lot of effort to pull it all out to make a hair bow. Now I will have a hair bow station under it with the hot glue gun and every thing setting out and ready to go, so it will be the work of a moment to make just one or two. Like tonight when I realized that I didn't really have anything to match the girl's church dresses for tomorrow.

Ta Da! Two hair bows in 5 minutes. And I didn't have to lug everything upstairs to the kitchen... perfect!

No comments: