Wednesday, March 18, 2009

I've been on a bow making kick...

And seriously, you'd think with an entire sewing/craft room downstairs my kitchen wouldn't end up looking like a bomb went off in a ribbon store.
But my excuse this time is that I wanted to try my hand at making these cute corker bows and you have to wrap the ribbons on wooden dowels and bake them in the oven, hence the need to work in the kitchen.

Some of my finished bows. I especially like the blue buttons, so simple but so cute!

And seriously, for pennies you can make boutique quality bows that they charge $5-10 dollars for. So that brings me to my next plan. I have had many people ask me to teach them how to make bows and I have been wanting to start a sewing/craft group. So I am inviting anyone who wants to come to a bow making party on Saturday, the 28th of March. (I am assuming that if you want to come you will already know me and know where I live.) It will be open house style, from 12-6 pm. Come for as little or long as you like. Bring ribbons, buttons, or whatever else your imagination can come up with to make fun hair bows for your little princess. If you leave me a comment telling me what you are interesting in making, I can give you an idea of what supplies you'll need. These would make excellent gifts for any daughter, grand-daughter, niece, cousin, or friend in your life. And if you don't have a need or interest in learning to make hair bows, bring another project and just come for some good quality girl time! My plan is to have this be a monthly occurrence where you can all come sit and stitch and visit, no matter what handicraft you prefer. So bring your mom, your sister, your friends, your mad crafting skills and let's create together!

No comments: